Towards an Excellence through Equity, Atal Bihari Vajpayee Vishwavidyalaya was established in June, 2012 though it was gazetted on 2nd March 2012. After its establishment, based on priority, the University has prepared the Road map as follows.
Towards an Excellence through Equity, Access and Quality Education.
- Aspire to translate collective dream of the Community of the region in to reality.
- Create, disseminate and advance knowledge, through instructional and Inter disciplinary and collaborative researches.
- Educate and train the Human Resource persons for the development of the State of Chhattisgarh.
- Advancement of intellectual, academic, cultural and natural resource development for Socio- economic development of the region.
- Appropriate measures to promote quality education in affiliated colleges.
- To develop innovative and professional instructional programmes to cater the needs of students of the State of Chhattisgarh.
- To create an ambience for quality teaching-learning and skill development and its upgradation .
- To support students in developing competency in their respective fields of study to participate in emerging global economic opportunities.
- To identify the educational, social cultural & industrial needs in the State and plan to create relevent programmes.
- To further develop infrastruture for continued productivity, competitiveness, of human resources of the University in creating knowledge and research programmes in time and space.
- To up keep the Administrative and academic reforms in emerging educational and research programmes.
- To support teaching, research and Autonomy in the colleges to emerge as potential of excellence.
Atal Bihari Vajpayee Vishwavidyalaya (Viswavidyalaya) is State University which has been established by the Gazette notification on 03.02.2012 of Chhattisgarh Act No 07, 2012,
The Chhattisgarh Viswavidyalaya ( Amendament) Act, 2011 and came in to its existance in June, 2012. The jurisdiction of Atal Bihari Vajpayee Vishwavidyalaya is extended to 05 districts namely:- revenue districts of Bilaspur, Mungeli , Korba, Janjgir Champa and Raigarh.
The University is situated on Old High Court Building, Near Gandhi Chowk Bilaspur city. There are nearly 173 Govt. and private colleges affiliated in the 05 districts of Chhattisgarh State which together constitute the jurisdiction of Atal Bihari Vajpayee Vishwavidyalaya. The colleges carry out undergraduate and postgraduate studies in different streams of Science, Arts, Commerce, Law and Education and Centres of research.
The University plans to develop strategy for enhancing the range of pedagogic approaches and the use of technology. As a part of this approach, the University plans to start classrooms into state of the art ones, enabling teachers to teach using wide variety of media.